South by Southwest (SXSW) is right around the corner, which means the U.Group team is busy packing our festival survival essentials and printing our boarding passes. We’re also hard at work making sure U.Group’s Austin Oasis (access code: UGROUPWEB) at Maggie Mae’s on March 11 will be nothing short of spectacular! Although we’re confident our evening launch party is going to be an unforgettable night, we are equally excited about the all-star lineup of speakers expected to present during our daytime panels.
We’ve broken our panels into three DC tech-centric themes: digital services, emerging technology, and defense innovation. Our speakers will address some of the most pertinent challenges, developments, and future visions in each area. Each session will wrap up with a panel discussion amongst that theme’s speakers, during which time they’ll field questions from the audience. Below is a sneak peek at our confirmed speakers.
- Dr. Ron Jarmin—Deputy Director and COO, U.S. Census Bureau
- Lena Trudeau—CEO, U.Group; formerly of 18F, Canadian Digital Service, Nuage Strategies, and Amazon Web Services Public Sector
- Meagan Metzger—CEO, DCODE
- Jordan Higgins—Head of Immersive Experiences, U.Group
- Alexis Long—Chief Innovation Officer, TSA
- Ron Nirenberg—Mayor of San Antonio
- Chris Lynch—Cofounder, Defense Digital Service (DDS)
- David Stapleton—Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Industrial Policy, DoD
- Susan Celis—Director of Small Business Programs, DARPA
- Chris Wood—Major, USMC; Director, NavalX Agility Cell; Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Research, Development & Acquisition
We look forward to having you join us for what promises to be a fun and informative day, and we hope you’ll have as much fun attending U.Group’s Austin Oasis as we did planning it. You can follow all our SXSW coverage from U.Group’s digital hub for all things Austin.